Book your Hotel at Christmas Markets
Merano Christmas Markets 2017
Christmas markets in Merano
25.11.2016 – 06.01.2017
Passeggiata Lungo il Passirio, Piazza Terme, Piazza della Rena
24.11 at 17.00: Inauguration Walk along the Passirio
daily : from 10.00 to 7.30 pm
from Sunday to Thursday: from 10.00am to 9.00 pm
Friday & Saturday, from 10.00 am to 10.30 pm
Sunday from 10.30 am to 19.30 pm
24.12 from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm
31.12 from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
01.01 from 10.30 am to 6.00 pm
06.01 from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Merano is renowned for being a city of relax and well-being. The visit of Christmas Markets in the Old Town can be a good chance to re-discover the town spas, or to end the day in complete relax.
The whole town is embellished in occasion of the Christmas event, and especially at night, the streets are surrounded with a magic atmosphere.
The offer of products is very wide and able to satisfy everybody. It ranges from craftsmanship to knitted goods to pastries. For lovers of biological products, wool pullovers and wooden items are available, but also the most gluttons of you will find an adequate reward in the tasty delicacies served in bars and local restaurants.
During Christmas Markets some concerts and choirs will take place in the town streets and churches. It will be also possible to take a romantic ride on the carriage around the streets and lanes of the Old Town.
In addition to this, a series of entertainments are also available:
- Ice skating board staged in the main square (piazzetta Terme).
- Tour of the Old Town on board ofcarriage dragged by horses
- Ski resorts with 40 km slopes available in the area of Merano 2000, Val Senales,Val d’Ultimo and Val Passiria.
- Ice skating arena with adjacent open air ice skating board and indoor panoramic swimming pool
- Tennis centre with 4 indoor and 9 outdoor fields available.
- Alpin Bob Merano 2000: the first roller-coasters in Alto Adige, and the longest in Italy. Sleighs are also available all year round.
- 5th-6th December: on the occasion of the feast of Saint Nicolò, patron saint of Merano, a street parade takes place in the city streets, with the Saint distributing sweets to the “good children”
- 31st December: every year Merano celebrates New Years’ Eve with fireworks and a rich program of entertainments.
How to get there and car parks
From the train station the Old Town is reachable by taxi or public transports. There are train connections every 30 minutes from Bolzano.
The nearest airports are Verona Villafranca and Bolzano airport: from both you can take train connections to Merano
Highway A22, exit Bolzano Sud. Proceed on the road direction Merano – Bolzano and exit in Merano Maia Bassa to reach the markets.
Hotel Castel Rundegg offers a variety of wellness and leisure facilities, including both indoor and outdoor pools. Set in the spa town of Merano, the [...]
The family-run Hotel Salgart is an Alpine-style property located a 15-minute walk from central Merano. Surrounded by a garden with pool, it features a [...]
Hotel Steiner is a pleasant, family-run hotel surrounded by vineyards, apple and palm trees, and located a 15-minute walk from the historic centre of [...]
Hotel Garni Partaneshof is surrounded by its own orchards and vineyards, a 20-minute walk from the centre of Meran. It features a swimming pool and a [...]
Offering panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, the 3-star Hotel Schönbrunn enjoys a quiet location among orchards and vineyards in Merano. Se [...]
Offering an outdoor swimming pool, Hotel Palma is in the centre of Merano. Guests have free access to the wellness centre and indoor pool at the hotel [...]
Free bike rental and elegant, stylish accommodation is offered at the Villa Verdi Apartments. They are set in a Victorian-style building and surrounde [...]
The Hotel Residence Flora is a friendly establishment set in a quiet area, in the heart of Merano. It features a sunny roof terrace with a relaxing ho [...]