Book your Hotel at Christmas Markets
Merano Christmas Markets 2018
Christmas markets in Merano
25.11.2016 – 06.01.2017
Passeggiata Lungo il Passirio, Piazza Terme, Piazza della Rena
24.11 at 17.00: Inauguration Walk along the Passirio
daily : from 10.00 to 7.30 pm
from Sunday to Thursday: from 10.00am to 9.00 pm
Friday & Saturday, from 10.00 am to 10.30 pm
Sunday from 10.30 am to 19.30 pm
24.12 from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm
31.12 from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
01.01 from 10.30 am to 6.00 pm
06.01 from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Merano is renowned for being a city of relax and well-being. The visit of Christmas Markets in the Old Town can be a good chance to re-discover the town spas, or to end the day in complete relax.
The whole town is embellished in occasion of the Christmas event, and especially at night, the streets are surrounded with a magic atmosphere.
The offer of products is very wide and able to satisfy everybody. It ranges from craftsmanship to knitted goods to pastries. For lovers of biological products, wool pullovers and wooden items are available, but also the most gluttons of you will find an adequate reward in the tasty delicacies served in bars and local restaurants.
During Christmas Markets some concerts and choirs will take place in the town streets and churches. It will be also possible to take a romantic ride on the carriage around the streets and lanes of the Old Town.
In addition to this, a series of entertainments are also available:
- Ice skating board staged in the main square (piazzetta Terme).
- Tour of the Old Town on board ofcarriage dragged by horses
- Ski resorts with 40 km slopes available in the area of Merano 2000, Val Senales,Val d’Ultimo and Val Passiria.
- Ice skating arena with adjacent open air ice skating board and indoor panoramic swimming pool
- Tennis centre with 4 indoor and 9 outdoor fields available.
- Alpin Bob Merano 2000: the first roller-coasters in Alto Adige, and the longest in Italy. Sleighs are also available all year round.
- 5th-6th December: on the occasion of the feast of Saint Nicolò, patron saint of Merano, a street parade takes place in the city streets, with the Saint distributing sweets to the “good children”
- 31st December: every year Merano celebrates New Years’ Eve with fireworks and a rich program of entertainments.
How to get there and car parks
From the train station the Old Town is reachable by taxi or public transports. There are train connections every 30 minutes from Bolzano.
The nearest airports are Verona Villafranca and Bolzano airport: from both you can take train connections to Merano
Highway A22, exit Bolzano Sud. Proceed on the road direction Merano – Bolzano and exit in Merano Maia Bassa to reach the markets.
Featuring free outdoor parking, Wi-Fi and a seasonal pool, Hotel Kolping is set in an Art Nouveau building situated 800 metres from the historic centr [...]
If you are looking for a relaxing break, Hotel Elisabeth is set in a tranquil area surrounded by apple trees, yet conveniently located just 1 km from [...]
Elegant yet casual, traditional and comfortable, Hotel Bavaria welcomes you to the unique atmosphere of South Tirol, nestled between Austria and Italy [...]
An elegant building offering modern accommodation and great amenities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools, Hotel Sonnenburg features spectacu [...]
Castel Fragsburg enjoys panoramic mountain views from its verandas and decks. Immersed in the nature on the sunny mountainside, it offers a wellness c [...]
Gartenresidence Zea Curtis is located within a 4000 m² garden, a 15-minute walk from Merano's historic centre and thermal baths. There is an outdoor [...]
Elegant old Belvita Hotel Adria maintains a charming historic atmosphere, all while providing the modernist of luxury facilities in an exclusive resid [...]
Hotel Aster is set in a quiet area of Merano, just outside the centre of this popular spa town. Relax at the swimming pool and enjoy the peaceful surr [...]