Book your Hotel at Christmas Markets
Merano Christmas Markets 2018
Christmas markets in Merano
23.11.2018 – 06.01.2019
Passeggiata Lungo il Passirio, Piazza Terme, Piazza della Rena
24.11 at 17.00: Inauguration Walk along the Passirio
daily : from 10.00 to 7.30 pm
from Sunday to Thursday: from 10.00am to 9.00 pm
Friday & Saturday, from 10.00 am to 10.30 pm
Sunday from 10.30 am to 19.30 pm
24.12 from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm
31.12 from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
01.01 from 10.30 am to 6.00 pm
06.01 from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Merano is renowned for being a city of relax and well-being. The visit of Christmas Markets in the Old Town can be a good chance to re-discover the town spas, or to end the day in complete relax.
The whole town is embellished in occasion of the Christmas event, and especially at night, the streets are surrounded with a magic atmosphere.
The offer of products is very wide and able to satisfy everybody. It ranges from craftsmanship to knitted goods to pastries. For lovers of biological products, wool pullovers and wooden items are available, but also the most gluttons of you will find an adequate reward in the tasty delicacies served in bars and local restaurants.
During Christmas Markets some concerts and choirs will take place in the town streets and churches. It will be also possible to take a romantic ride on the carriage around the streets and lanes of the Old Town.
In addition to this, a series of entertainments are also available:
- Ice skating board staged in the main square (piazzetta Terme).
- Tour of the Old Town on board ofcarriage dragged by horses
- Ski resorts with 40 km slopes available in the area of Merano 2000, Val Senales,Val d’Ultimo and Val Passiria.
- Ice skating arena with adjacent open air ice skating board and indoor panoramic swimming pool
- Tennis centre with 4 indoor and 9 outdoor fields available.
- Alpin Bob Merano 2000: the first roller-coasters in Alto Adige, and the longest in Italy. Sleighs are also available all year round.
- 5th-6th December: on the occasion of the feast of Saint Nicolò, patron saint of Merano, a street parade takes place in the city streets, with the Saint distributing sweets to the “good children”
- 31st December: every year Merano celebrates New Years’ Eve with fireworks and a rich program of entertainments.
How to get there and car parks
From the train station the Old Town is reachable by taxi or public transports. There are train connections every 30 minutes from Bolzano.
The nearest airports are Verona Villafranca and Bolzano airport: from both you can take train connections to Merano
Highway A22, exit Bolzano Sud. Proceed on the road direction Merano – Bolzano and exit in Merano Maia Bassa to reach the markets.
Hotel Alexander enjoys a peaceful and green setting just outside the centre of Merano, which is just a short walk away, or a 5-minute ride on bus numb [...]
Featuring free outdoor parking, Wi-Fi and a seasonal pool, Hotel Kolping is set in an Art Nouveau building situated 800 metres from the historic centr [...]
Hotel Garni Partaneshof is surrounded by its own orchards and vineyards, a 20-minute walk from the centre of Meran. It features a swimming pool and a [...]
Schloss Labers is a historic castle from the 11th century. Set at an altitude of 600 metres, it is 5 minutes' walk from the bus stop to Merano and the [...]
Set right next to the spa in Merano centre, this luxury 4-star hotel offers panoramic mountain views. It offers a heated outdoor pool and wellness cen [...]
Albergo Cavallino s'Rossl is a small and cosy hotel located just outside of Merano. The hotel's convenient position puts you near main motorways, publ [...]
Offering a 4000 m² garden with summer swimming pool, Hotel Wessobrunn is just 2 km outside the centre of Merano. It offers free bike rental, a childr [...]
Hotel Burggräfler-Hof is set in the green countryside outside Meran, and is surrounded by a garden with swimming pool. There is free parking on site. [...]