Book your Hotel at Christmas Markets
Merano Christmas Markets 2017
Christmas markets in Merano
25.11.2016 – 06.01.2017
Passeggiata Lungo il Passirio, Piazza Terme, Piazza della Rena
24.11 at 17.00: Inauguration Walk along the Passirio
daily : from 10.00 to 7.30 pm
from Sunday to Thursday: from 10.00am to 9.00 pm
Friday & Saturday, from 10.00 am to 10.30 pm
Sunday from 10.30 am to 19.30 pm
24.12 from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm
31.12 from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
01.01 from 10.30 am to 6.00 pm
06.01 from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Merano is renowned for being a city of relax and well-being. The visit of Christmas Markets in the Old Town can be a good chance to re-discover the town spas, or to end the day in complete relax.
The whole town is embellished in occasion of the Christmas event, and especially at night, the streets are surrounded with a magic atmosphere.
The offer of products is very wide and able to satisfy everybody. It ranges from craftsmanship to knitted goods to pastries. For lovers of biological products, wool pullovers and wooden items are available, but also the most gluttons of you will find an adequate reward in the tasty delicacies served in bars and local restaurants.
During Christmas Markets some concerts and choirs will take place in the town streets and churches. It will be also possible to take a romantic ride on the carriage around the streets and lanes of the Old Town.
In addition to this, a series of entertainments are also available:
- Ice skating board staged in the main square (piazzetta Terme).
- Tour of the Old Town on board ofcarriage dragged by horses
- Ski resorts with 40 km slopes available in the area of Merano 2000, Val Senales,Val d’Ultimo and Val Passiria.
- Ice skating arena with adjacent open air ice skating board and indoor panoramic swimming pool
- Tennis centre with 4 indoor and 9 outdoor fields available.
- Alpin Bob Merano 2000: the first roller-coasters in Alto Adige, and the longest in Italy. Sleighs are also available all year round.
- 5th-6th December: on the occasion of the feast of Saint Nicolò, patron saint of Merano, a street parade takes place in the city streets, with the Saint distributing sweets to the “good children”
- 31st December: every year Merano celebrates New Years’ Eve with fireworks and a rich program of entertainments.
How to get there and car parks
From the train station the Old Town is reachable by taxi or public transports. There are train connections every 30 minutes from Bolzano.
The nearest airports are Verona Villafranca and Bolzano airport: from both you can take train connections to Merano
Highway A22, exit Bolzano Sud. Proceed on the road direction Merano – Bolzano and exit in Merano Maia Bassa to reach the markets.
With panoramic views of the Passeier Valley, Ansitz Plantitscherhof is 15 minutes' walk from Merano centre. It offers gourmet cuisine, excellent welln [...]
Relaxing is the main priority at Hotel Juliane with its beautiful garden, both indoor and outdoor pools, and a luxury wellness centre; all just a 15-m [...]
Hotel Castel Rundegg offers a variety of wellness and leisure facilities, including both indoor and outdoor pools. Set in the spa town of Merano, the [...]
Set in the heart of Merano, this 5-star hotel features a large wellness centre, a restaurant and free parking. All spacious rooms come with a mountain [...]
Set at an altitude of 380 metres, Waidmannhof is 2 km outside Merano centre and 100 metres from the nearest bus stop. Its large garden features a sola [...]
Hotel Aurora Life in the City is in the heart of the spa town of Merano. Overlooking the main promenade, it offers a restaurant serving regional, nati [...]
Located a 10-minute walk from Merano's centre, between Bolzano and the Austrian border, Hotel Brunner is a peaceful hotel with a heated outdoor pool, [...]
Hotel Windsor is an elegant building located on the banks of the Passirio River, in Merano. Its gardens feature a sun terrace with outdoor swimming po [...]