Book your Hotel at Christmas Markets
Merano Christmas Markets 2018
Christmas markets in Merano
23.11.2018 – 06.01.2019
Passeggiata Lungo il Passirio, Piazza Terme, Piazza della Rena
24.11 at 17.00: Inauguration Walk along the Passirio
daily : from 10.00 to 7.30 pm
from Sunday to Thursday: from 10.00am to 9.00 pm
Friday & Saturday, from 10.00 am to 10.30 pm
Sunday from 10.30 am to 19.30 pm
24.12 from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm
31.12 from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
01.01 from 10.30 am to 6.00 pm
06.01 from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Merano is renowned for being a city of relax and well-being. The visit of Christmas Markets in the Old Town can be a good chance to re-discover the town spas, or to end the day in complete relax.
The whole town is embellished in occasion of the Christmas event, and especially at night, the streets are surrounded with a magic atmosphere.
The offer of products is very wide and able to satisfy everybody. It ranges from craftsmanship to knitted goods to pastries. For lovers of biological products, wool pullovers and wooden items are available, but also the most gluttons of you will find an adequate reward in the tasty delicacies served in bars and local restaurants.
During Christmas Markets some concerts and choirs will take place in the town streets and churches. It will be also possible to take a romantic ride on the carriage around the streets and lanes of the Old Town.
In addition to this, a series of entertainments are also available:
- Ice skating board staged in the main square (piazzetta Terme).
- Tour of the Old Town on board ofcarriage dragged by horses
- Ski resorts with 40 km slopes available in the area of Merano 2000, Val Senales,Val d’Ultimo and Val Passiria.
- Ice skating arena with adjacent open air ice skating board and indoor panoramic swimming pool
- Tennis centre with 4 indoor and 9 outdoor fields available.
- Alpin Bob Merano 2000: the first roller-coasters in Alto Adige, and the longest in Italy. Sleighs are also available all year round.
- 5th-6th December: on the occasion of the feast of Saint Nicolò, patron saint of Merano, a street parade takes place in the city streets, with the Saint distributing sweets to the “good children”
- 31st December: every year Merano celebrates New Years’ Eve with fireworks and a rich program of entertainments.
How to get there and car parks
From the train station the Old Town is reachable by taxi or public transports. There are train connections every 30 minutes from Bolzano.
The nearest airports are Verona Villafranca and Bolzano airport: from both you can take train connections to Merano
Highway A22, exit Bolzano Sud. Proceed on the road direction Merano – Bolzano and exit in Merano Maia Bassa to reach the markets.
If you are looking for a relaxing break, Hotel Elisabeth is set in a tranquil area surrounded by apple trees, yet conveniently located just 1 km from [...]
The Bellevue is just 500 metres from the cultural and historical centre of Merano. Set in a 19th-century Liberty building, it offers elegant rooms wit [...]
Hotel Aster is set in a quiet area of Merano, just outside the centre of this popular spa town. Relax at the swimming pool and enjoy the peaceful surr [...]
Set on the banks of the Passiro River, next to Merano's pedestrian area, Hotel Europa Splendid has a central location, friendly staff and comfortable [...]
Offering an outdoor swimming pool, Hotel Palma is in the centre of Merano. Guests have free access to the wellness centre and indoor pool at the hotel [...]
Castel Fragsburg enjoys panoramic mountain views from its verandas and decks. Immersed in the nature on the sunny mountainside, it offers a wellness c [...]
Set in a large quiet park in Merano, Villa Eden boasts a high quality spa offering medical and wellness treatments. The complex has free indoor and ou [...]
Meranerhof, with its own spa facilities, top-quality service, elegant interiors and green English gardens is the perfect place for a relaxing stay in [...]